Pages

Saturday 22 March 2014

The Broken Shield......

   The Shield - What does the future hold for the Hounds of Justice?
 

I am a huge fan of The Shield. I'm sure I'm not in the minority here when I say they have been one of the highlights of WWE programming since their debut at Survivor Series 2012.

They have consistently put on the "match of the night". Their recent match with the Wyatt Family at the Elimination chamber pay per view was amazing and quite easily stole the show.



Recently on RAW and Smackdown we have seen chinks in their armour - it is becoming increasingly obvious that Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins will split sooner rather than later.

But where do they go from here? Reigns seems destined for a huge push but where do Rollins and Ambrose fit in? This is what I would like to see:

Roman Reigns


I can see Roman Reigns as the next big babyface star in the WWE. Funny thing is when he first started I wasn't too sure of him - I saw Ambrose as the star of the group.

Reigns, although maybe not as technically sound as Dean Ambrose, maybe not as agile as Rollins - just seems to have the "it" factor - he has a certain electricity and you can't help but root for him.

Maybe he could be the next star to stand up to the Authority following this current feud with Kane?

A Roman Reigns vs Triple H match was rumoured for Wrestlemania 30 - how about working towards this match at Summerslam?


Dean Ambrose
 

When I watch Dean Ambrose, something screams Brian Pillman to me. I am/was a huge fan of Brian Pillman!

If I was on the creative team I would go this route too - make Ambrose the "Loose Cannon" of the WWE. Make him unpredictable. Make every appearance one you HAVE to see. You don't know what he's going to say or do - Do we root for him or hate him? Is he a friend or enemy? Can he be trusted?
I understand in this PG era there is only so much they can get away with but I'm sure Ambrose could take whatever they give him and make it work.

Seth Rollins


When I first watched Seth Rollins, I saw a bit of CM Punk fused with Jeff Hardy - which is obviously a huge compliment. This guy wows the live audience on a regular basis and is the new "daredevil" of the WWE.

Although Rollins can obviously make a good heel - I think a face turn would be interesting to see. Perhaps a feud with a heel Kofi Kingston in an attempt to elevate both men?

Rollins could even have a long feud with Ambrose for the US title?


It's difficult with a crowded roster and so many stars we want to see in prime positions - they really need to play to the Shield members strengths and this is just my opinion on where I would like to see them following the split. They are all  deserve to do well and just need to be pushed correctly.

However, even those on the highest of highs can disappear from our screens - just ask Dolph Ziggler and countless others.

Give me your thoughts below!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment